Love to get some feedback.

I love fabrics and clothes but really not the catwalk glamour kind.What I love are homemade style and unusual designers who make ageless and comfortable clothes for all types of women. I love antique lace and pretty things like ribbons and other embelishments. Ethnic clothes and all kinds of embroidery interest me and I love to look at piantings for inspiration too.All dress is fancy dress if you like as we are born nude Ha ! Ha!
So please if you have any comments ,ideas or favourites let me know,hope you enjoy Sweet Disorder!

Monday 25 July 2016

Material things!


This is my first post on Sweet Disorder for a long time.It does not mean that I have not been enjoying the pleasures of my lovely little sewing and craft room. Things have taken my mind away from sharing but I hope to be better from now on!

I have been exploring some different techniques and I really love hand printing with indian wood blocks. Two friends who love sewing and craft and I went to a large craft Fayre in Devon and it was there that I saw a stall  which was ethically trading these amazing  blocks and paints from India. It has been wonderful to play with these and gradually get better at placing etc So far two cushions !
I think the joy of colour is so important and my love of flowers and nature inspire me. I hope to have more time soon as I am thinking about retiring from my library job which has been an education and an inspiration however the recent savage cuts are great disaster and many marvellous projects will never be or will end.. So time to do my own thing now.
Whenever I walk into the sewing room a kind od safe and peaceful feeling takes over it is aa place of magic and creativity and with a cup of Steve's speciial blend tea what more could I want .....I suppose world peace is nor reeally an option...........

I have enjoyed  looking at many beautiful  paintings depicting home sewing hope you have enjoyed them too. I am on Pinterest and there are lots of things there that are very inspiring to me ,There is that word again INSPIRATION ...love it!


No comments: