Love to get some feedback.

I love fabrics and clothes but really not the catwalk glamour kind.What I love are homemade style and unusual designers who make ageless and comfortable clothes for all types of women. I love antique lace and pretty things like ribbons and other embelishments. Ethnic clothes and all kinds of embroidery interest me and I love to look at piantings for inspiration too.All dress is fancy dress if you like as we are born nude Ha ! Ha!
So please if you have any comments ,ideas or favourites let me know,hope you enjoy Sweet Disorder!

Sunday 30 August 2015

What  has been going on in the sewing room





I have made two slips with frills and a long lacy dress and am now in the middle of a quilt for the small guest room. I love lavender and this is the theme for the room.I am putting the top together and will have to buy the wadding. I bought some very wide material in Toulon Market when we were on our last holiday and this has sprigs of lavender on a plain back ground, it  was 4 euros a metre amazing!, This will be the backing. I made some good charity shop finds for this room,a  deep lilac single sheet and two pillow cases that still had the label on for £3. I will add some dyed lace to these.


Some lovely things have caught my eye and they are a never ending source of inspiration!


This is lovely and timeless!


I like the simplicity of this.

This too is simple and it  would be quite easy to copy this look

I love the idea of contrasting panels and I would love to wear this.


This is really dainty,love it.

This is really nice,looks so easy to wear!


Lovely summer dress by Ewa y Wallla

Must get back to the sewing!



.

No comments: