Love to get some feedback.

I love fabrics and clothes but really not the catwalk glamour kind.What I love are homemade style and unusual designers who make ageless and comfortable clothes for all types of women. I love antique lace and pretty things like ribbons and other embelishments. Ethnic clothes and all kinds of embroidery interest me and I love to look at piantings for inspiration too.All dress is fancy dress if you like as we are born nude Ha ! Ha!
So please if you have any comments ,ideas or favourites let me know,hope you enjoy Sweet Disorder!

Sunday 30 August 2015

Latest finds

This is what I am going to do with an old white blouse. Quite easy I think. I have some white broderie anglaise and some dainty buttons. I think it might flatter the tummy!! 

This is the last thing I have made ,it is a pinny for my Mum who is 92 but insist on wearing aprons to match her outfits. 
I used a bit of antique lace to make a pretty drawstring pocket. She has now given me my orders for 3 more,I am half way through a blue on!!

Last year I made three frilled slips for the summer and now the pattern is so simple I think I would like to make some winter underskirts. I am looking for red flannel or brushed cotton for this. It seems sad to be thinking of warmer clothes especially as I am off to Baziers in southern France soon for warm break. I just can't wait to trawle the markets for fabrics. Last year Toulon market yielded some treasure

No comments: