Love to get some feedback.

I love fabrics and clothes but really not the catwalk glamour kind.What I love are homemade style and unusual designers who make ageless and comfortable clothes for all types of women. I love antique lace and pretty things like ribbons and other embelishments. Ethnic clothes and all kinds of embroidery interest me and I love to look at piantings for inspiration too.All dress is fancy dress if you like as we are born nude Ha ! Ha!
So please if you have any comments ,ideas or favourites let me know,hope you enjoy Sweet Disorder!

Saturday 30 June 2012



Lovely Detail on an Ewa I Walla  dress


This is my first post on my other blog which is dedicated to beautiful clothes.My take on clothes in general has always been that all dress is fancy dress since we are all born naked. The clothes I like are individual,flattering to all ages and sizes. I love home made clothes so I hope that if anyone pops in they will perhaps find some inspiration  to sew themselves or buy good pieces that will transcend time.The sort of things that can become very special in their wardrobe. Clothes that can be passed on revamped or used in inventive ways.
Lace and trimming are an art in themselves,hours can be spent selecting and admiring their delicacy .
The Poetry Of dress
By Robert Herrick

A sweet disorder in the dres
kindles in clothes a wantoness..
Alawn around the shoulders thrown
Into a fine distraction..
An erring lace,which here and there
Enthrals the crimson stomacher..
A cuff neglectful and thereby
ribbands to flow confusedly..
A winningwave,deserving note
In the tempestuous petticoat,
Acareless shoe string,in whose tie
I see a wils civility,
Do more bewitch me,than when art
Is too precise in every part.

I love this underskirt,so would Mr Herrick I guess!
Walla again,her designs are amazing!
As I mentioned earlier "All dress  is fancy dress".
Painting by Botero

































































4 comments:

bright star said...

Well it is working!!

elaine said...

Hi Angela - thought I would pop by and see what you were up to. Looking forward to seeing your views on clothes and fashion - I am prepared to be wowed!

bright star said...

Thanks Elaine I think I need to do a bit of work on the layout,not sure I like it!

elaine said...

That's only because you are used to your other blog - I think it is quite stylish.